- Published: 2013-05-13T12:46:58+00:00
- Duration: 167
- By 5mars
The history of JM rum from Macouba, Martinique (French West Indies)
A video by Guillaume Le Berre
Amid the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, sometimes we could all use a little break! So we invite you to Take 5 and enjoy this delicious cocktail with a decidedly modernist twist and alive with the flavors and spices of the season. When you let SousVide Supreme shoulder the work of preparing gourmet meals--and fabulous cocktails--you'll have ever so much more time to be merry!
- 1-3/4 ounces (50 ml) blanc rhum agricole*, 100 proof (Rhum J.M. Blanc preferred)
- 1 ounce (30 ml) sous vide infused Butternut Squash Cordial (See recipe below)
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) Campari
- 1/2 ounce (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 dash Fee Brothers’ aromatic bitters
- 1 pinch salt
- Ice cubes, as needed
1. Put all ingredients, except ice, into a cocktail shaker.
2. Add the ice, shake well, and fine strain into a punch cup or cocktail glass.
Bartender’s note: Depending on the natural sweetness of the squash, you may want to adjust the amount of lemon juice or bitters to your liking.
*Rhum Agricole is the French term for cane juice rum, a style of rum originally distilled in the French West Indies islands from freshly squeezed sugar cane juice rather than molasses.
Butternut Squash Cordial
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded, rough chopped, and juiced
- 3/4 to 1 cup* (180 to 240 ml) Brown Sugar Syrup
- 2 ounces (60 ml) vodka
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 135F/57C.
2. Strain the squash juice into a measuring cup.
3. Pour the squash juice into a zip-closure cooking pouch and add one-half as much brown sugar syrup by volume as you have squash juice (i.e., for every ounce (30 ml) of squash juice add ½ ounce (15 ml) of the syrup) .
4. Use the displacement method (Archimedes Principle) to remove as much air as possible from the pouch and zip it closed.
5. Submerge the pouch in the water oven and cook for 45 minutes. The contents must be completely submerged to ensure even cooking.
6. Remove the pouch and submerge it in an ice water bath (half ice, half water) for 20 to 30 minutes to quick-chill the contents.
7. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a clean, stoppered bottle. Add the vodka.
Store the cordial, tightly capped, in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Paul Sauter from Double A in Chicago shows how to make a boozy, yet balanced, cocktail using Sombra Mezcal, JM Gold Rhum, and Old Overholt Rye. All of these ingredients are rounded out by Yellow Chartreuse and an Austrian rum called Stroh Jagertee.
- Published: 2013-06-07T16:11:54+00:00
- Duration: 167
- By Rhum JM
- Published: 2014-12-17T14:55:42+00:00
- Duration: 207
- By Blueman
Vidéo = Drone = http://jpprod.net - https://www.facebook.com/pages/JP-PROD/126825184087781
Photos = Bernard Philibert / Nathan Salomone / Ludovic Roche /
Fred Mantécon - [email protected] - https://www.facebook.com/kite.kerhillio?fref=ts
JM Liot / DPPI / IDEC = - http://www.jmliot.com/ - http://www.dppi.net/ - http://www.trimaran-idec.com/fr/ - http://www.groupeidec.com/idec-sport/ - "Route Du Rhum 2014 Destination Guadeloupe" - Francis Joyon -
Music = Valentin Huedo & Atfunk - "Until The Sun Goes Down"
- Acid 133 x 42 / Spicy 138 x 42 - Bandit 7 12 M -
- Published: 2016-10-11T15:04:32+00:00
- Duration: 90
- By Skurnik Wines
The Skurnik Spirits team is proud to present our SKURNIK COCKTAIL SERIES 🍹! Every month we'll be dropping delicious new (or old, but underexposed) recipes for your imbibing delight!
With a step by step guide to each cocktail, these easy to execute recipes will be fun for home and pro bartenders alike. Tune in and let our bar mavens guide you to some exciting new ways to enjoy Skurnik Spirits.
DISCOURSE ON A STORM
.75 oz Rhum J.M VO
.75 oz El Dorado 8yr Rum
.5 oz Contratto Fernet
.5 oz sweetened ginger juice
.75 oz fresh lemon juice
Top with a splash of soda
Scant .5 oz Lemon Hart Demerara Rum 151 (float)
Collins glass, candied ginger wrapped in nori
Ginger syrup: 1:1 ginger juice and sugar
Combine equal parts fresh ginger juice and sugar (preferably turbinado) over low heat, stirring until sugar is fully integrated. Chill before use.
Featured Bartender: Justin Lane Briggs, Booze Guru
Featured Spirits: Rhum JM, El Dorado Demerara Rum, Contratto, Lemon Hart Rum
Cinematographer: Stephan Werk